December 26: New Moon and Solar Eclipse … Fame Gua
January 10: Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse
January 24: New Moon in Aquarius … Helpful People Gua
January 25: Chinese New Year – Metal Rat
December Recap: Focus on the Fame Gua
The December 26th new moon correlated with the Fame gua, the center-back of your spaces. The Fame gua is about visibility, integrity and shining your light. Taking conscious and inspired action in the Fame areas of your home and workplace can help you strengthen your career, clarify your goals, bring more structure to your efforts and better manage your responsibilities. If you had a Christmas tree, holiday lights or other fiery décor in your Fame gua over the holidays, with intention, place a candle or a light here, something red, a pyramid or triangle shape, fresh flowers or a plant when you put your holiday décor away. Placing objects consciously, particularly at the new moon, helps your intentions to take root.
Each month, the new moon is a time to set your intention and the full moon is the time to see how your actions and intentions are taking root. Things come to light at the full moon. A meditation on the day of the new moon each month, is an excellent way to seed your wishes, to let them take root, along with cleaning and energizing the bagua area that correlates with the new moon for the month.
January 10 Full Moon Lunar Eclipse
We’re in eclipse season again. Eclipses come in pairs and typically occur six months apart. They are periods of major events or changes. Solar eclipses happen at the new moon (new beginnings) and lunar eclipses take place at the full moon (completions and endings). If an eclipse falls within three degrees of an important planet or aspect in your astrological chart, the eclipse impacts you.
The January 10th lunar eclipse occurs at 30 degrees Cancer. Thus, if you have planets or sensitive points between 17 and 23 degrees of Cancer or Capricorn in your chart, the January eclipse will likely impact you. Energetically, this eclipse relates to the ending of a relationship or association, which can lead to transformation. Your voice may be heard and listened too, above others.
Eclipse events can occur 30 days before or after an eclipse. The impact can also be felt for about six months. Tune in, pay attention and see what you notice.
January 24: New Moon in Aquarius … Focus on the Helpful People Gua
The January 24th new moon correlates with the Helpful People and Travel gua, the heavenly gua. This is the front-right corner of your house, every room in your house, your land and your workspace.
Shortly after the January 10th full moon, shift your focus to the Helpful People in your life. Who are they? Would you like more of them? Is there any area where you’d love some additional assistance? How about travel, where do you wish you could go?
The Helpful People and Travel gua is governed by Metal energy in the Five Element system. From a health perspective, it relates to your head and brain. In the family, this area represents the strongest male energy and correlates to the male of the house, your father and father figures. The feng shui color of the Helpful People and Travel gua is gray.
During January, take a look at all the Helpful People and Travel areas in your home and workspace. Notice what’s there. Are they neat, clean and orderly? Do the spaces and corners feel good? Do they uplift your energy?
Apply Four Key Principles of Feng Shui to Your Home
Four key principles of feng shui to apply to these areas, as well as your entire house, are:
- Live with what you love. Your home is your sanctuary. It’s a place of solace to retreat to after being out in the world. It should nurture your spirit. Other than essential items, that you may not always love, have things in your space that truly please you and bring you joy. They will help to lift your energy and recharge your spirit during challenging times.
- Make sure everything is safe and comfortable. Arranging furniture in welcoming ways adds to comfort. Curves and soft corners increase safety. In addition, make sure that your plumbing and electric are in good working order. Get problems fixed. If you are not in a position to do so, place the repairs on a list with the intention to do so when the time is right.
- Add a creative touch that represents your heart and soul. Every person is unique and therefore your home should be as well. Individualize your home and share your life journey through color, photos, art and objects that represent who you are, the books you read, music, your interests and hobbies. Bring in more of what you love and less of what you don’t.
- Organize everything and give everything a home. There can be too much of a good thing, particularly if everything is out in the open. This contributes to anxiety and unrest. It’s best to have adequate space to store items, rather than have everything in view. I find that it’s useful to place similar items together. This way, I know what I have, and it helps me to manage supplies, rather than buying things that I don’t need.
During January, I recommend that you apply these four principles to the Helpful People and Travel gua of your home and also to the Helpful People and Travel corner of each room, if you have time. Doing so will assist you in getting off to a great beginning for the year.
Set an Intention for Helpful People and Travel
After assessing your Helpful People and Travel gua, give it a thorough clearing. Remove clutter or things that are misplaced, that you don’t use, no longer want or need. Then, reenergize it with an intention in mind. Your intention for Helpful People and Travel could relate to:
- Strengthening your relationship with your father, a father-figure, a male spouse, or an important male in your life.
- Bringing a Helpful Person or spiritual resource into your life.
- Improving your health, particularly as it relates to your head and brain. Reducing headaches or clearing brain fog might be a goal.
- Setting a travel goal or intention. This could be for a wonderful opportunity or special offer to show up, great travel deals, friends to travel with, and more.
Use the Five Elements to Adjust the Energy of your Space
The Helpful People and Travel area is a Metal gua. Metal Energy is strengthened by Earth and weakened by Water, Wood and Fire.
Add items with Metal or Earth qualities if you want to emphasize Metal energy in your Helpful People and Travel gua.
Metal energy helps bring clarity to a space. Metal items include:
- all metal: gold, silver, brass, aluminum and more (pots & pans, lamps, picture frames…)
- marble, granite, flagstone
- natural crystals and rocks dug from deep in the earth
- circles, oval and arch shapes
- white, gray and pastel shades.
Earth items help to ground and anchor the energy in your space. Earth items include:
- pottery, earthenware, bricks and clay
- seashells and natural items
- square shapes
- oversized or heavy furniture that hugs the floor
- yellow, brown and earth tones.
If your space feels like it has too much Metal energy, you can reduce it and rebalance by reducing items with Metal energy and/or adding items that have Water, Wood or Fire qualities.
Water brings reflective and philosophical qualities to a space. Water items include:
- all water, water features, pictures and art with water (rivers, streams, lakes, ocean, etc.)
- glass, mirrors, reflective surfaces and shiny objects
- free form and symmetrical shapes
- black and very deep, dark colors.
Wood energy is about growth and expansion. Wood energy is represented by:
- Fresh flowers, plants and trees
- Floral fabrics and patterns
- Vertical stripes and tall columns
- Green and blue
Fire brings dazzling, sparkling energy to a space. It is represented by:
- Fire, flames, lights, sunlight, candles
- Triangles, pyramids, diamond and cone shapes
- People and animals
- Electronics and electrical items
- Red, burgundy and the red palette
Check-in at the Full Moon
The full moon (and lunar eclipse) check-in that aligns with your Helpful People and Travel gua adjustments is February 9th. This is the time to revisit the objectives you set during the January new moon and notice how things have shifted for you. I’ll include a reminder about this in the February newsletter.
If you’d like some ideas and suggestions of ways to adjust your Helpful People and Travel gua, contact Peg email@example.com.